Monday, December 6, 2010

MOC blog adventure 1: Squid findings?

First post of my MOC adventures.

Today was probably the fifth time I went to the Maui Ocean Center ever since I got my student pass from school.
This blog post however, is about yesterday when I went. I was surprised to see that they had put in 3 new squid in the Deep Sea tank that's right before the 54 foot long Shark Tank.
But what was even more surprising was that one of the squids had laid eggs!
I asked one of the naturalists, Joe, if he new that there were eggs in the squid tank. When I took him to the tank to have a look, even he was surprised to see that one of the squids had laid eggs.
He also said that one of the squids must have already had the sperm packet on her, as he hadn't seen the eggs in there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment