Sunday, January 12, 2014

Global Winter Wonderland! Extreme Recycling!

Had an arctic BLAST at Global Winter Wonderland here in Atlanta, Georgia!

It was my friends birthday and a few of us decided to get some tickets to this once a year carnival/amusement park to celebrate and hang out with each other.

They had a ton of different light statues set up and it was SO beautiful!

Some of you may be wondering "what does this have to do with ocean or environment awareness?"
In front of the Phoenix!

Well, remember a while ago I wrote an entry on the 3 R's?

Year of the Snake. I was surprised it had arms.
Reduce, Re-use and Recycle?

This one was called "Global Village" Made of more than 20,000 recycled plastic bottles.
Global Winter Wonderland takes recycling to the next level!

The "International Garden". Where national flower of the World's countries are brought together.
Plastic bottles are the main materials for some of these structures!

The "Leaning Tower of Pisa"
Close up, it was made out of china plates and teacups!

The Leaning Tower of Pisa  is comprised of china plates and teacups and help together with zipties!

"Big Ben", the "Eiffel Tower", the "Temple of Heaven" and the "Giant Dragon"!
It was so cold that I wasn't able to take pictures of all the light structures because it felt like my fingers were going to fall off... But my boyfriend was able to help me take pictures of my favorite exhibit:


The Georgia Aquarium light exhibit!


 Seeing all of the sea creatures got me so excited, I've earned the nickname Princess Fish.


It was such a beautiful night with all of the light statues that I can't wait to go again next year with a better camera and maybe even make a video!

No comments:

Post a Comment