Monday, July 9, 2012

Blue'aina Reef Cleanups

Greetings Readers!
Yesterday, Sunday Jul. 8, 2012, I was invited by Rick Long to help with a reef clean up!
Trilogy, one of Maui's sailing businesses, put together Trilogy's Blue'aina Campaign.

**Click Here** to get the low down on exactly what the Blue'aina Campaign is.



Basically, every month, Trilogy sponsors a reef clean up in Lahaina. The Captain picks a spot where a clean up is needed the most and snorkelers and scuba divers get together to clean up the reef!

***Click Here*** to see Blue'aina Trilogy's website~

Since I have my scuba certification, I was able to be one of the scuba clean up divers!
The only sad part about this trip, was that there was a current pushing much to strong and too fast that the Captain and the crew agreed to abort the dive.

The Captain and crew members were very nice though and had lots of food and drinks for everyone to chow down on and have a good time. They also took us for a quick sail! It was my first time on a sail boat so I was super excited.

But I can't wait for next months clean up dive! Hopefully this time, it won't get cancelled~

 Sorry the photos are sideways. My iphone doesn't like to agree with me.

Cynthia Matke sharing with everyone, her adventures to the Pacific Gyre

No comments:

Post a Comment